Having a strong translation project kick-off is key to successful project development. The Project Manager is in charge of organizing all translation projects for clients or companies. This is why their function is vital when it comes to carrying them out in a simple manner and with as few problems as possible.
Project Managers need to understand the demands of users and ensure that these can be met. To this end, they are responsible for creating a series of tasks with a set deadline for translators and proofreaders who specialize in the subject matter in question. Their work is not minor as it involves gathering content, monitoring its consistency and tone, and finding creative solutions such as creating Translation Memories, a glossary of terms, or the internationalization of the client’s website.
7 easy steps a PM should follow to a successful project kick-off
Here are 7 easy steps a PM should follow to a successful project launch:
- Ensure that all client instructions are clear: the project kick-off is the right time to ask any questions that you foresee could affect overall project management.
- Review the document and establish if any type of file preparation, text extraction, or desktop publishing is required.
- Make proper project planning to meet client deadlines and expectations.
- Assign a team of linguists that have the tool knowledge and subject-matter expertise required for that specific type of content. Maintain that team on that account and type of content throughout the time.
- Have the Language Lead review the content, style guide, and glossaries and define criteria where needed.
- Get your team onboard: make a project kick-off meeting and share any relevant information about the client and reference material.
- Set up a clear query system with your linguistic team.
Keeping quality in mind from the translation project kick-off
As part of our commitment to quality and transparency, we currently hold ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 certifications. We combine our management and translation technologies with our ISO-certified processes to ensure that translations are consistently accurate, cost-effective, and delivered on time. Starting the project strong will help you end the project on a high note in adherence to the client’s expectations and the highest quality standards.
Win & Winnow Language Services is a translation and localization provider committed to supporting leading companies through comprehensive language solutions. It is dedicated to continuous quality improvement in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certifications. As a certified Women-Owned Business and B Corp, it strives to make a positive economic, social and environmental impact through its practices.
Starting the project strong will help you end the project on a high note in adherence to the client’s expectations. If you are interested in learning more about our language solutions, get in touch!