As a Certified B Corporation, we take Sustainability at Win & Winnow seriously. We work hard to deploy responsible practices in our daily activities. We aim to be one of the best companies for the world not only in the quality of our translation and localization services but also in regard to our social and environmental impact in our community.
How We Walk Our Talk: Sustainability at Win & Winnow
Here are some means through which we foster conscious practices and attempt to engage all of our team in them:
- We have an internal sustainability committee meeting once a month to develop and organize internal and external initiatives with social and environmental impact.
- We are formally committed to donating 5% of our revenue through pro bono services. That is why we are always on the lookout for NGOs or non-profits that could benefit from our services to communicate globally and help their causes reach a larger audience. If you are one of them, please get in touch, so we can help you out!
- Our employees are allowed to dedicate up to 5% of their paid time to foster selected causes or actions and/or propose new ones. Some past and current initiatives include:
- Organizing donations for selected schools in remote locations.
- Translating and/or reviewing for Not-for-profits/NGOs.
- Being part of a mentoring program.
- Helping organize events for organizations pursuing the good for minorities or people in need.
- We implemented an action plan to promote gender equality and women empowerment that was recognized by UN Women through the WEPs Awards.
- We support a balanced and healthy lifestyle and provide programs and activities for our employees to feel well and happy.
- We deliver educational webinars aimed at fostering youth employment in our industry.
- We established a Diversity & inclusion policy to become a workplace where everyone feels safe and appreciated.
- We are a carbon-neutral translation company! We have committed to being carbon-neutral by 2030 and compensate our emissions.
- We actively seek to partner with companies that share our values and mission to make a positive impact.
Win & Winnow is B Certified!
As part of our commitment to being a sustainable company, we have been certified as a B-Corporation. We are now part of a growing triple-impact community of companies that shares our values and strives to implement practices that change the world.
Certified B Corporations (also known as B Corps or B Corporations) are a new type of business that is committed to balancing purpose and profit. The B Corps form a community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Success is redefined in business to try to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. Moreover, they seek to be the best for the world.
We are proud to have become a certified B Corp the same year we obtained our ISO 9001:2015 and 17100:2015 certifications, supporting our quality commitment to our clients, our team, and our planet.